Monday, February 9, 2009

Simply Roasted Chicken

I always wash my meats under cool water, I might even use a small bit of dish soap on them also, just making sure to rinse very well. I would wash hamburger if it didn't try to fall apart and look so gray. This picture turned out pretty graphic, probably keep the kids out of the room while doing this step or they might not eat the finished chicken.
After the chicken has been washed and rinsed thoroughly, I lay mine out on a clean dish towel and pat dry before putting on oiled pan, for this roasted chicken I only used the thighs and breasts and saved the legs for frying.
Add about 2-3 tablespoons of oil to a 9X13 inch baking pan, this helps for it not to stick to badly and you can roll the chicken around in it to help the seasoning stick.
A close up of the product, I get my at the local Wal-Mart, but I bet you could find it at one of the other big brother meg-lo-marts that is not so controversial.
I also love McCormick Grill Masters Roasted Garlic and Herb seasonings, they are nice large pieces of herbs and seasoning that really bring out the best in meats.
I just started using Lawry's seasoned salt and it is really good, adds an extra zing of flavor.

After seasoning, these guys, bake in a 375 degree oven for about 1 hour or until juices run clear from thickest piece of chicken.
The chicken is finished, all brown and crackling good, the little brown pieces on the pan are the best, yummy!
Simply roasted chicken, slightly crisp edges, extremely juicy insides, easy, easy, easy! Prep time is nothing and they bake one hour, these lovely pieces of chicken goodness are great as they are, finger licking good, or refrigerate for other meals, like pulled off the bone and chopped for sandwiches or salads, use in quesidillas or enchiladas, use in a casserole, the possibilities are endless. Even if you have a small family, you can buy a package and bake a tray on a Sunday afternoon, bone it out and put into freezer bags for meal prep later on in the week. An easy, economical and smart way to do chicken. Love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment